Friday, June 22, 2012

BRAVE Opens Today....Movie Review

So we ventured out to the movie theater last night to the midnight premiere of Disney and Pixar's new movie Brave. 

I had prmised my daughter for her birthday that I would take her to the midnight showing of this movie back in April! And she held me to it! 

There was a good crowd there but definitely more people showing up to see Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter than a kids movie at midnight. There were a surprising amount of adults and teens dressed up for the event. There was one girl who really looked the part with her long curly, crazy red hair. My daughter was the only dressed up child though, which was surprising, but definitely not the only child staying up late for the premiere.



















Here are some pictures of my daughter dressed up in her Merida Princess Dress.  

I thought the movie was really great, we saw it in Real 3D and it was shot in a way that made you really feel like you were in the movie. I was really surprised at the details that you could see, one interesting detail was her hair. Watch the movie and you will see what I am talking about. I LOVED the music, not as catchy as Toy Story or Beauty and the Beast, but different and awesome all at the same time.

Everyone who knows me knows that I am a die hard fan of Tangled, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider are one of my favorites when it comes to Disney, hence my screen name tangledindisney! But Merida has that same new Disney Princess feel to her, not just your ordinary girlie girl princess, but a tomboy of sorts with a less then perfect royal family. I really thought the story taught good family value lessons and made my daughter see her "MOM" in a new light. 

Here is a picture of Merida's Mom and Dad, the King and Queen. 
Not your average royal couple.

Here are her triplet brothers. After seeing them in tons of promotions and merchandise, I really thought they would play more of a dominate role in the movie but they are not seen that much. Boys will love their crazy antics though. My favorite merchandise item has to be a stuffed triplet that turns into a bear from the Disney Store.

 Here is a picture of Merida at her meet and greet inside Magic Kingdom in Disney World with her 3 "Bear" Brothers. I have to say this role was a hard one to fill for Disney because Merida really looks more like a young teen than an adult. 

I hope you are able to go out and see the movie this weekend so no one spoils it for you. I have read a ton about the movie and done a lot of research for my blog and even I was surprised at the main theme and story line in this movie! Please leave comments below and let me know what you thought about the movie as well.


Call or Email Me today for you FREE Quote
Chelsea May
(773)954-0567
tangledindisney5@gmail.com
www.mickeysdreamvacations.com

No comments:

Post a Comment