Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Our Quest for an Adult Only Disney Vacation

So, at first thought I was unsure to say the least about our quest for an adult only Disney Vacation. We took our kids to Disney World in May of 2010 and October of 2011, so by all means they are not Disney deprived. We starting talking about it when I began doing more Disney stuff online, such as blogging and then deciding to become a travel agent specializing in Disney. My husband turned 30 this year and he has always dreamed of going to Star Wars Weekend at Hollywood Studios. I have always turned this option down because it is a more crowded time of year, spending 2 or 3 days at Hollywood Studios would not be fun for my little ones, and school is always in session for us on all of the dates for Star Wars Weekend. So when I thought about what I could do as a special surprise for my husband for his 30th, I thought why don't I just bite the bullet and plan a trip to Disney just the two of us.


I have been working on the ultimate Star Wars Weekend Touring plans based on the special activities, character meets, and parties. I can't wait until we get there and put this action into plan. We only have one advanced reservation for 50's Prime Time Diner, only because that was my husbands only request. We will be doing out of pocket dining for the first time at Disney. I am planning on snacking around the world, with the help of all my lines and liners:) friends. I want to try the cupcakes at Starring Rolls, spicy chicken waffle at Sleepy Hollow, and of course drinking around the World Showcase at Epcot.

We also thought it would be fun to try out Universal Studios for the first time. I have been researching and reading about Universal like a mad woman trying to make sure we get a lot out of our 2 day excursion. We are buying the 2 day Universal Park to Park tickets. We are also doing out of pocket dining and I am unsure of how the food choices will be in Universal, but I am looking forward to having a new experience.

We are staying at Pop Century, a Value Resort, for the first time. Our past two trips we stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside. We really enjoyed Port Orleans French Quarter but we thought Port Orleans Riverside was just to large. If we stayed there again we would definitely upgrade to a preferred room. Pop Century will be a completely new experience for us. We are excited to try out the cool pools, dining hall, and see the huge statues.
  I am hoping to get a room in the 50's section near the Lady Statue. I am not paying for a preferred room because the resort is small enough that it really won't be a long walk to the Main Hall plus we will have a car for the first time so I hope to be near the parking lot.

We are now 15 days and counting! I have made the plans, booked the room, bought our tickets, and have scheduled our days. I am hoping these 15 days fly by.


No comments:

Post a Comment